What can you do about it? Turns out the are plenty of home remedies.
The only two prerequisite are: patience and the creation of a distraction free environment. If you can handle that, you’re neck and shoulders may find great solace in their future.
Take a warm shower
- Gently lean your left ear toward your left shoulder.
- You can deepen the stretch by placing your left hand on the right side of your head and gently pulling toward your left shoulder. Hold for 5 seconds.
- Repeat on the other side.
Follow-up with this stretch
- Gently stretch the back of your neck by learning your head forward to feel a gently tug on the back of your neck.
- Hold for a slow count of 10 seconds.
- Tilt your head upward to stretch the front of your neck for another slow count of 10 seconds.
60 second shoulder stretch
I have quiet a few clients who completely removed chronic neck and shoulder pain by forming a daily meditation or deep breathing routine. I can personally attest to the success of this methodology.
There is a catch — You must breath the correct way.
- Breathing in through nose
- Breathing out through mouth
Follow these instructions for 5 minutes:
- Seated upright position
- Feet flat on the floor
- Shoulders low and away from the ears
- Palms resting on lab facings the ceiling
- lengthen spine
- inhale 8 seconds nose
- exhale 10 seconds mouth
- repeat until reaching the 5 minute mark